Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The cooking begins....

When i first started this blog, my desire was to not only talk about adjusting to the country life but also to share recipes and tips from the kitchen. I love to cook. If you know me, you know that I am usually in the kitchen cooking up something. However, I have had a hard time getting motivated to cook in this new kitchen. I don't know if it's the size or the lack of a dishwasher, but it's been hard to get started.So i thought this blog would help kick my butt in gear and get back to doing what i love: making great food for the people I love. Before I start sharing recipes with you, I thought I would let you know about my style of cooking. I am not a gourmet cook. I have three males at home, there is absolutely no gourmet food in this house. My boys like meat and potatoes. I am lucky if I can get them to eat a green. However, I don't do "easy" meals. You would never EVER see a box of Hamburger Helper in this house or a frozen meal from the grocery store. I make hearty, stick to your ribs kind of meals. They are not caloric friendly. If you are looking for healthy recipes, this isn't the place to look. There may be a few thrown in there every now and then but my boys don't do low-fat. However, we do eat local and organic whenever possible and grass-fed beef. Of course, any of my recipes don't require these things--it's just what we prefer.
This weeks line up:
Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti
My Chicken Parmesan
Potato-leek-bacon pizzas
Pot roast with potatoes and veggies
Roast chicken
Chicken potpie
and probably a night of leftovers!!

Check back and see what I'm cooking tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment