Friday, January 20, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti

Last night I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti. Have I mentioned how much i adore the Pioneer Woman? Her style of cooking and my style of cooking are very similar-- simple yet stick to your ribs kind of food. If I don't know what to cook one night, her blog and cookbook are the first ones I go to. She's great...if you have never heard of her, look at her blog and then buy her cookbook...you won't regret it!
I had made another version of chicken spaghetti before with velvetta cheese and some other stuff in it and the hubby wasn't a big fan. Anything that may resemble a casserole is not looked at fondly in this house. But sometimes, so-called casseroles are the easiest thing to make with two active little boys. So I decided to try this recipe and was happily surprised. Everyone liked it! With two sons, one of which eats hardly anything and another one who eats ANYTHING....sometimes it's hard to find something that everyone likes ( eh hem, Jack). But it was a success! I added a little bit more cayenne pepper to make it a little more spicy but it wasn't overwhelming. Also, you can make two of them and freeze it for another night-- even better! Although, a little time consuming, it was definitely worth the work. You should try it tonight!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Tomorrow night is my recipe for Chicken Parmesean...it's a favorite in this house and quite delicious....I'll post the recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment